What Do I Need to Know About Digital Signage? Pt. 2
Now that we know the types, what kind of features should you look for when shopping for digital signage? There are some basics that all will likely have, and some that are more specific to their intended applications.
- Animation and Flash support are essential for dynamic signage, as they are what give it the eye-catching, moving appeal. Most digital signage will have this capability, except for some bare-bones products like scrolling or marquee message boards.
- Sales and Impression Tracking can be integrated (or sometimes already included) in the software for most digital signage and are invaluable to launching a successful digital advertising campaign. This software can track sales of a product in relation to how many impressions the advertisement has received, measuring such things as viewing time, perceived engagement, and the overall success rate.
- TV Integration is an extremely useful feature to have, especially for large or spread-out businesses that need to communicate messages to several different people or departments. It’s a simple and effective way to keep everyone informed goal-oriented.
- Branded, Customized Layouts are essential and fairly universal for digital signage. Usually done with HTML or HTML5, the appearance of your signage or advertising should speak to the quality and reputation of your brand or product. Some have templates of which to work off of, but we strongly encourage making the display truly yours.
- Instant Updates and Message Scheduling is also a fairly universal feature for these types of signs, allowing you to change your message at any time and anywhere you have an internet connection. If you already know ahead of time what you will want your next message to say, scheduling helps get things set without having to remember to change it down the road.
Now, we are only just scratching the surface of digital signage and advertising, but we hope that you have a better idea about the types and features of these signs. If you have any additional questions, or just want to get a quote on your digital signage project, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 651 633-2233.