The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Icons
Today, it is somewhat of a rarity to encounter a business that isn’t present on at least one social media outlet, with the most popular options being Facebook and Twitter. If you are using these sites as marketing tools, you’ll likely want to mention or link to your business profile on both print and online materials, but what type of usage is and isn’t okay?
- Keep an adequate surrounding area around the logo so that it appears clean and uncluttered.
- Mention in print or link online only your business’ page, event, group, or application.
- Mention in print or link online only content that originates from Facebook.
- Provide a clear call-to-action, such as, “Like Us on Facebook!”
- Capitalize “Facebook” (unless part of a URL) and display it in the same font size and style as surrounding content.
- Modify the design or color of the logo, unless in the case of technical limitations. If you cannot print the correct color, it is acceptable to use black and white.
- Imply partnership, sponsorship, or endorsement when using the Facebook logo.
- Combine any part of the logo with your company name or mark.
- Use names, logos, or trademarks that may be confused with Facebook.
- Make Facebook brand assets the prominent feature on your online or print media.
- Use the Facebook logo in place of the word “Facebook”.
- Link only to your business’ Twitter account.
- Include a 200% buffer zone around the logo.
- Include a call-to-action or your Twitter handle if the logo is presented alone and not in a series with other social media icons.
- Pick a color! Either blue or white are accepted for use.
- Use the old Twitter logo.
- Make the logo larger than your company’s branding.
- Place your company name or trademark directly above the logo.
- Alter the logo in any way, except for your choice between blue and white.
At Signsational Graphics, we’re here to help. If you have any questions about the use of these or any other social media logos, don’t hesitate to give us a call! Work with us and we will give you peace of mind, knowing all your materials fit within guidelines. Call us during regular business hours at 651 633-2233, or inquire about your project using our free quote form.