Exterior Building Signs
Signsational Graphics is proud to have worked with in designing and installing these gorgeous new injection molded exterior letter signs and vinyl window decals. Kate-Lo Tile & Stone opens April 1 in their location at 1911 County Road B2 in Roseville, MN.
Interior and exterior storefront signage and custom decals are arguably one of the most impacting investments you will make for your business. It is important to understand all the aspects of sign planning and construction when making this investment. Your signs and graphics will serve many purposes for your business’s marketing tool, it will attract new customers, serve as a locator for people trying to find you and will be the first visual representation of your business and brand.
Important criteria to consider when designing your sign to meet all of these include.
- Building codes: What are the restrictions or limitations dictated by your municipality and/or landlord on your building signage. These limitations may not be in line with your expectations, we always start here to understand what is allowed, then help you design something that will fit your needs, the City and landlord’s criteria.
- Location of your signs: where will your sign be most visible to your potential customers, both vehicular traffic and pedestrian passerby?
- Size of your signage: the larger your sign, the more visible it will be from far away. A general rule of thumb a 10? tall sign is visible from 450 feet away.
- Materials: there are a wide range of materials available to construct signs out of, from plastics, foams, metals, wood and stone. Material choice is often dictated by budget, as the cost of materials varies almost as widely as the choices themselves.
- Illumination: Will your sign be lit so that it can be seen at night? If so, there are many options for illumination. The first is to decide whether or not to internally illuminate the sign with neon or LED. If this is not an option, external illumination such as flood lighting can be added.