Digital Signage and Advertising for Twin Cities Businesses
When talking about digital signage, it’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed when trying to learn about all of the different types, features, and uses. Here we will lay out some of the details on these aspects of digital signage, in the hopes that it makes things clearer and easier for you to get started on your journey into digital advertising.
What are the basic types of digital signage?
- Dynamic – The most common type, dynamic signs, feature animated advertisements or messages that can be anywhere from quite plain to very elaborate.
- Interactive – Also known as a touchscreen, interactive signs are an entertaining way to encourage customer input and engagement
- Static – Opposite of dynamic, static signs display interchanging still images
- Queuing – Similar to wayfinding, queuing signs are used to direct customer traffic
What basic features are out there?
The features you want will depend on what you intend to use the sign for, but these tend to be some of the most universal.
- Animation and Flash support to help grab attention
- Interactivity for engaging ads
- Sales and impression tracking to evaluate the sign or display’s effectiveness
- TV integration for company-wide message systems
- Internal and external emergency messaging
- Customized layouts, commonly using HTML or HTML5
- User-friendly message scheduling
What do people usually use digital signage for?
Today’s digital technology allows for almost any application you can think of, but these are some of the most common.
- Point-of-purchase or sale displays
- Menu boards
- Welcome displays
- Information and/or education message center
- Pricing displays
What are some of the best industries for digital signage?
Although we firmly believe all businesses can benefit from digital signage and advertising, there are a few industries that have taken a real shine to it.
- Hospitality – Restaurants, hotels, casinos, and bars
- Retail – Dealerships, salons, spas, large malls, and strip malls
- Education – Elementary schools, high schools, colleges, and universities
- Healthcare – Hospitals, clinics, fitness centers, and gyms
- Faith-Based – Churches, colleges, and gathering venues
If you have any questions, or are just ready to get started in the world of digital signage and advertising, give Signsational Graphics a call! We work closely with all of our clients to ensure a unique, high-quality, and effectively branded final product.